SW Adult Leader Resources & Training
Training Opportunities for Cub Scout Leaders, and Scouts BSA Leaders, (including Eagle Coaches!)
Cub Scout Adult Leader Training available two ways:
- Den Leaders only- In person TBA
- All Cub Leaders- In the BSA Learn Center- Learn at your own pace. A series of modules from start to finish.
Cub Scout Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)- Minimum ONE leader must have this training for a Pack to take their scouts camping (...and that leader MUST attend the campout.) Recommended for ALL Cub Scout leaders working directly with Scouts. Part One is online, and is a prerequisite for enrolling in the Hands-On weekend. The hands-on BALOO weekend is at Scoutland and we have either a fall or a spring class available. Click here for registration page.
Scoutmaster and Asst. Scoutmaster Position Specific Training available 2 ways:
- BSA Learn Center- Learn at your own pace. A series of modules from start to finish.
- Live In person training during the 2022 Sweetwater Advance-A-Rama January 29th 2022. No preregistration required.
Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills- For SM & ASM. This in person training will take place at Scoutland During Spring Camporee. Registration open soon
Sweetwater Has recorded a 3 video series on the Eagle Scout Service Project process. This video series is appropriate for Scouts, Parents, and Adult Leaders working with Life Scouts.
How to Register for Scouting events in Tentaroo
Check out this tutorial video for help: https://www.youtube.com/embed/K6tYAo1qj3M?rel=0&
Reserve space at Scoutland, Rotary or CRM for a Troop or Pack campout.
CubCast and ScoutCast
Whether you have a new den, pack, or troop, or maybe you’re a seasoned Scouter looking for new best practices, the Scouting magazine podcasts have something for every Scouting leader, parent, and even professionals.
New District Committee Basic Training
District committee training has been taught the same way for many years with a very dated course. By leveraging the BSA Learn Center, we can give the district committee a learning environment that provides them the content they need when they need it, and we can leverage professional training for consistency in district training.
Are you on Facebook? If so, have you found the Sweetwater District NEGA, BSA page or the BSA Volunteer Training Team page? Encourage your Facebook friends to join us. You can find the page by logging into your Facebook account and putting @swscouts or @BSAtrainingteam in the search line.
More ways to stay connected with training and get the information you need to put on a quality Scouting program:
2) Attend Sweetwater District Adult Leader Roundtable, which is held monthly on the second Thursday at 7:00 PM (except June and July) . Go to our Commissioners & Roundtable page for more info.
3) View previous Roundtables you missed, available on our YouTube channel. Go to our Commissioners and Roundtable page for links.
4) Sign up for the Sweetwater District Newsletter, published monthly with news of upcoming events, training, and information relevant to Pack and Troop leaders and parents. Click the link to sign up or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Go to the "District Calendar" and our "Forms and Flyers" page for information on training and events planned by your district leadership to enhance your unit's annual calendar.
6) Contact one of our Sweetwater District Resource leaders for specific questions on District policy, events, etc.
|Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award||Award Application||Download|
|National Outdoor Challenge Award||Award Application||Download|
|NEGA Cub Scout Approved Campsites||This is the Official NEGA List (2021)||Download|
|Pinewood Derby Rules (2022 Update)||Download|
|Summertime Pack Award||Application form||Download|
|Youth Protection Training Info||Download|