SW Commissioners & Roundtable
Commissioners 101- Intro to unit service.
If you've never worked with a commissioner and don't know what all this is about, here's a short primer:
What is a Commissioner and what do they do?
- Commissioners are volunteers who have a wealth of experience and knowledge in Scouting and are willing to share that knowledge with you.
- Your District Commissioner and the team of Unit Commissioners are your source for help, guidance, and support in running your Scout Pack or Troop.
- Sweetwater Roundtable Commissioners hold the monthly roundtable meetings for adult leaders.
So what exactly is Roundtable anyway?
- Roundtable is a monthly local training event for adult leaders, held for the purpose of sharing pertinent information, networking, and helping adult leaders to feel confident in their ability to deliver an exciting program to our youth membership.
- Each roundtable features important announcements and details of upcoming events, and training topics presented by experienced leaders which are both timely and helpful.
- Roundtable is a monthly opportunity to connect with your fellow Scouters for the purpose of sharing ideas, issues and/or making contacts such as Pack - Troop connections.
Sweetwater District Roundtable
Held on the 2nd Thursday of each month, except in June and July from 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Snellville UMC, 2428 Main St E, Snellville, GA 30078 (MAP)
Meet your Roundtable training team! (Clink Link)
Do you have a special scouter in your unit who needs instant recognition? Nominate them for the monthly Spark Plug Award. Click this link to nominate someone: https://www.nega-bsa.org/files/48486/spark-plug-award Awards will be given at roundtable.
2023-2024 Roundtable Schedule- We have different training topics every month which are planned to help your unit succeed. Share this info and encourage other Scouters in your unit to come along too.
We always need more Commissioners- Both Unit Commissioners and Roundtable Commissioners
Contact District Commissioner Denise Coburn for more info.
|NEGA Cub Scout Approved Campsites||This is the Official NEGA List (2021)||Download|
|Spark Plug Award||Nomination form||Download|
|SW Commissioners Handout.pdf||We Need you!||Download|
|SW RT schedule||Schedule for all 2023-2024 Rountables||Download|
|SW UC for Units.pdf||What can WE do for YOU?||Download|