Day Camp Staff/Volunteers
I’M JUST A PARENT - HOW CAN I HELP?
Camp is staffed entirely by parents and volunteers. WE Need YOU to be a part of the FUN! When you volunteer to be a chaperone, you will be asked to attend Staff Training. You can volunteer to help out by registering online and completing the Staff Registration. The Camp Director will contact you with the details of camp. Volunteers who register at least two weeks prior to the start of camp, and help during the entire camp will receive a camp t-shirt. The Staff Training you receive is designed to provide the knowledge and skills you need to fulfill your duties as a chaperone.
Tiger Cub Scouts MUST have an adult attending with them.
Packs should send at least one adult chaperone for every five Cub Scouts who attend Camp.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CAMP?
- Choose the District Camp you wish to attend – You may attend more than one
- Click on the red Day Camp button that you wish to register for on the Day/Twilight/STEM Camp webpage.
- Register online though our Tentaroo System! You will have to create a username and password if you don't already have one.
- Follow the Step-by-Step registeration. You can register your Scout, Non Scout, Adult Volunteers, and add extra T-Shirts all at the same time.
- Check Out once your done to summit your registration. You are not registered until you check out.
- If you have any registration questions please call the Jefferson Service Center and ask for Heather Sisk in the Camping Department 706-693-2446
If a staff member attends Camp Staff Training, helps out every day that Camp is held, and pays a registration fee for his/her Scout, he/she will receive a $25 Scout Shop gift certificate at the end of camp. Gift Certificates are good for merchandise at one of the Northeast Georgia Council Scout Shops, which are located in Lawrenceville and Jefferson. There is a limit of one gift certificate per Scout and two per household.
IF I VOLUNTEER, WHAT DO I DO WITH MY NON-SCOUT AGE CHILDREN?
Camps have a special program (Tot-Lot) for the younger children of Staff volunteers. All children that stay in the Tot-Lot must be potty-trained. Some camps may require a small fee for Tot-Lot supplies. If a fee is required, it is due on the first day/evening of camp.
BB and Archery Range Master Training
If your wanting to teach BB or Archery during Day/Twilight/STEM Camp and need Range Master Training please attend one of the following events: Scout Show April 22nd from 9am to 2pm at the Gwinnett Fair Grounds or Spring Family Camping Weekend April 29th at Camp Rainey Mountain from 9am to 2pm or Spring Fling at Scoutland from 9am to 2pm. To sign up for BB and Archery Range Master Training Course please click here. This is a free couse for Adults.
Please bring your Medical Form Part A & B to Day Camps, Twilight Camps and Stem Camps.