Day Camp/Twilight Camp/STEM Camp
Digital Blue Book - click to explore!
Eighteen Cub Scout Day Camps occur during the summer throughout Northeast Georgia during May, June and July. Day Camp is a week-long camp for Cub Scouts that is fun and helps them advance within their rank of Cub Scouts. Activities may include bow and arrows, BB guns, nature, hiking, skits, arts, crafts, songs, etc.
Hours are from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Eight Twilight Camps occur in the summer during evening hours. Twilight camp is a week-long camp for Cub Scouts that is fun and helps them advance within their rank of Cub Scouts. Activities may include bow and arrows, BB guns, nature, hiking, skits, arts, crafts, songs, etc.
Hours are from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Three STEM camps occur durring the summer. STEM is a week-long camp for Cubscouts.STEM Camp focuses on Science based scouting activities. They still have the same theme as the Day and Twilight Camps but have more science, technology, engineering and math focus.
Hours are from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
2019 Day Camp Schedule. Register Today!!!
|May 27-31||Dacula Day Camp||Hamilton Mill First UMC, Dacula|
|June 10-14||Buford Day Camp||Buford American Legion|
|June 17-21||Lawrenceville Day Camp||Prospect UMC, Lawrenceville|
|June 3-7||Lawrenceville Day STEM Camp||Lawrenceville First UMC Campgrounds, Lawrenceville|
|June 3-7||Gainesville Day Camp||Scoutland Lake Lanier, Gainesville|
|June 3-7||Jefferson Twilight Camp||Jefferson Troop 158 Scout Hut, Jefferson|
|June 17-21||Winder Twilight Camp||War Hill South Church, Winder|
|June 17-21||South Hall Day Camp||Sterling on the Lake Clubhouse, Flowery Branch|
|June 3-7||Watkinsville Day Camp||Oconee Presbyterian Church, Watkinsville|
|June 17-21||Athens Day Camp||Conveant Presbyterian Church, Athens|
|June 17-21||Franklin/Hart Twilight Camp||Lavonia Scout Hut|
|June 3-7||Cleveland Day Camp||White County Recreation Department, Cleveland|
|June 10-14||Toccoa Twilight Camp||St. James UMC, Toccoa|
|June 24-28||Homer/Cornelia STEM Camp||Uchee Lodge, Homer|
|July 22-26||Rabun Twilight Camp||Camp Rainey Mountain, Clayton|
|June 3-7||Dawsonville Day Camp||Lumpkin Campground, Lumpkin|
|June 10-14||North Forsyth Day Camp||Church of The Good Shepered, Cumming|
|June 17-21||South Forsyth Day Camp||Midway UMC, Alpharetta|
|June 24-28||Cumming Day Camp||Bethelview UMC, Cumming|
|July 9-11||Cumming Twilight Camp||Bethelview UMC, Cumming|
|June 17-21||Elijay Twilight Camp||Elijay Scout Cabin, Elijay|
|June 24-28||Fannin Twilight Camp||Epworth Community Club, Epworth|
|June 3-7||Lilburn Day Camp||Good Sheperd Presbyterian Church, Lilburn|
|June 3-7||Loganville Day Camp||Loganville UMC, Loganville|
|June 10-14||Snellville Day Camp||Church of the Redeemer, Snellville|
|June 17-21||Snellville Stem Camp||Grace Fellowship Church, Snellville|
|June 24-28||Monroe Day Camp||Bold Springs UMC, Monroe|
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE?
To attend Day Camp, a boy or girl must be entering first through fifth grade in the fall of 2019. A registered Cub Scout pays only the Day/Twilight Camp fee. A boy or girl who is not a Cub Scout may participate, however, they must enroll in Cub Scouts and pay an additional fee of $25 on top of the Day/Twilight Camp fee. They will be placed in a Pack in or near their school.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND CAMP?
$95.00 Early Registration fee. Register Early and SAVE!!
$115.00 Base/ Regular Registration fee (on and after May 9th)
$125.00 Late/ On site Registration fee. May 10 up to 7 days prior to camp. You are not guaranteed a shirt.
$25.00 extra in addition to Day/Twilight Camp fee (for Non-Scouters)
Camp fee includes: a camp T-shirt, patch, craft, and program supplies.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CAMP?
- Choose the District Camp you wish to attend – you may attend more than one
- Click on the Red Button on the Day/Twilight/STEM Camp tables above.
- Register online though our Tentaroo System! You will have to create a username and password if you don't already have one.
- Follow the step-by-step registeration. You can register your Scout, Non Scout, Adult Volunteers, and also order extra T-Shirts all at the same time.
- Check out once you're done to summit your registration. You are not registered until you check out.
- If you have any registration questions please call the Jefferson Service Center and ask for Heather Sisk in the Camping Department 706-693-2446
Camps have limited space and fill quickly. Camp is open to all boys and girls regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin. No Scout will be denied the opportunity to attend Camp because of a physical or mental disability as long as his doctor has given him permission to attend. Your Camp Director must know about any special requirements before camp starts so that the staff can be prepared to provide the best possible experience.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CAMP?
- Lightweight jacket or rain gear, if necessary
- Water bottle/water
- Non-perishable sack lunch and drink each day. (Not required for Twilight campers)
- For special activities, Scouts may be asked to bring a specific item from home.
- Any required medication must be checked in with the Health Office upon arrival at camp. All medications must be in the original container, marked clearly with the patient’s name and dosage and be noted on the health form.
- Completed Health and Medical Form #680-001 Parts A and B. Attach a copy of your insurance card (both front and back). Please Bring To Camp your Medical Form Part A & B
PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO CAMP – INCLUDING LUNCH!
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING TO CAMP?
- Personal electronic equipment (iPods, tablets, cell phones, personal electronic devices, etc.)
- Valuable items such as jewelry
- Pocket knives
- Glass items
- Non-prescription drugs
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO CAMP EVERY DAY?
- Camp T-shirt (campers will be given Camp t-shirt on the first day/evening of camp). Be sure to order extra t-shirts!
- Closed-toe shoes (no sandals, Crocs, or flip flops)
- Insect Repellent
WILL I WORK ON MY CUB SCOUT RANK?
Most Camp programs are based on a Cub Scout Rank. Many of the activities that are fun provide opportunities to qualify toward rank advancement. These give campers a head start for advancement in their handbooks for their upcoming rank. The camp program focuses on age-appropriate activities, so it is very important that we know what grade the Scout will be entering in the fall of 2019. While at Camp, Scouts who are:
- Entering 1st Grade will work on Tiger
- Entering 2nd Grade will work on Wolf
- Entering 3rd Grade will work on Bear
- Entering 4th Grade will work on Webelos
- Entering 5th Grade will work on Arrow of Light
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Complete the Health and Medical form #680-001 parts A and B. Bring it with you on the first day of camp along with a copy of your insurance card (both front and back).
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT COMING TO CAMP?
CAMP FEES ARE TRANSFERABLE-BUT NOT REFUNDABLE.
Request to transfer fees must be made in writing to: Day/Twilight Camp, PO Box 399, Jefferson, GA 30549. Youth asked to leave camp for disciplinary reasons will not receive a refund.
CAN I GET AN EXTRA T-SHIRT?
Extra t-shirts may be ordered with registration. T-shirts are $10.00 each for the following sizes: Youth Small, Youth Medium, and Youth Large, Adult Small, Adult Medium, Adult Large, and Adult Extra Large. T-shirts are $12.00 each for Adult XXL and Adult XXXL. Please order t-shirts at least two weeks prior to the start of your camp. Extra shirts may not be available during camp for purchase or exchange.
I’M A PARENT - HOW CAN I HELP? If you would like to volunteer at one of our Day, Stem, and/or Twilight Camps please see more information on our Day Camp Staff page. Thank you for your help!
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS. HOW CAN I GET THEM ANSWERED?
You may call one of the Council Service Centers or contact your District Executive. For registration questions call the Camping Department at the Jefferson Service Center, 706-693-2446.