Day Camp/Twilight Camp/STEM Camp
CAMP SCHEDULES COMING IN FEBRUARY!!
THE DAY CAMP
Twenty-four Cub Scout Day Camps occur during the summer throughout Northeast Georgia during June and July. Day Camp is a week-long camp for Cub Scouts that is fun and helps them advance within their rank of Cub Scouts. Activities may include bow and arrows, BB guns, nature, hiking, skits, arts, crafts, songs, etc.
Twilight Camp is day camp during evening hours. Twilight camp is a week-long camp for Cub Scouts that is fun and helps them advance within their rank of Cub Scouts. Activities may include bow and arrows, BB guns, nature, hiking, skits, arts, crafts, songs, etc.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
To attend Day Camp, a boy or girl must have completed the first grade. A registered Cub Scout pays only the Day Camp fee. A boy or girl who is not a Cub Scout may participate, however, they must enroll in Cub Scouts and pay an additional fee. They will be placed in a Pack in or near their school
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO ATTEND CAMP?
$95.00 if your completed registration form and payment is received in the Council Service Center at least eight days prior to camp.
$105.00 if your completed registration form and payment is not received in the Council Service Center seven (7) days prior to the first day of camp. You are not guaranteed a shirt.
Camp fee includes: a camp T-shirt, patch, craft, and program supplies.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR CAMP?
- Choose the Camp you wish to attend – You may attend more than one
- Register online by completing the form at the bottom of the page
- Make payment
HOW DO I PAY?
Fees must be submitted with your completed Camper Registration form, which can be found on the Council website and in each of the Council Service Centers of the Northeast Georgia Council.
Registration fee can be paid by check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Make checks payable to Northeast Georgia Council, BSA.
Mail Registration forms with your payment to:
Northeast Georgia Council, BSA
Attn: Day/Twilight Camp
P.O. Box 399
Jefferson, GA 30549
Northeast Georgia Council, BSA
Attn: Day/Twilight Camp 203 Swanson Drive
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
amps have limited space and fill quickly. Camp is open to all boys and girls regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin. No boy will be denied the opportunity to attend Camp because of a physical or mental disability as long as his doctor has given him permission to attend. Your Camp Director must know about any special requirements before camp starts so that the staff can be prepared to provide the best possible experience.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CAMP?
- Hat • Lightweight jacket or raingear if necessary • Water bottle/water
- Non-perishable sack lunch and drink each day. (Not required for Twilight campers)
- For special activities, boys may be asked to bring a specific item from home.
- Any required medication must be checked in with the Health Office upon arrival to camp. All medications must be in the original container, marked clearly with the patient’s name and dosage and be noted on the health form.
- Completed Health and Medical Form #680-001 Parts A and B, found on the council website at www.nega-bsa.org . Attach a copy of your insurance card (both front and back). Please Bring To Camp your Medical Form Part A & B
PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO CAMP – INCLUDING LUNCH!
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING TO CAMP?
- Personal electronic equipment (iPods, tablets, cell phones, personal electronic devices, etc.)
- Valuable items such as jewelry • Pocket knives • Glass items • Non-prescription drugs
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR TO CAMP EVERY DAY?
- Camp T-shirt (campers will be given Camp t-shirt on the first day/evening of camp) Be sure to order extra t-shirts
- Shorts • Socks • Closed-toed shoes (no sandals, crocs, or flip flops) • Sunscreen • Insect Repellent
WILL I WORK ON MY CUB SCOUT RANK?
Most Camp programs are based on a boy’s Cub Scout Rank. Many of the activities that are fun provide opportunities to qualify toward rank advancement. These give campers a head start for advancement in their handbooks for their upcoming rank. The camp program focuses on age- appropriate activities, so it is very important that we know what grade he will be entering in the fall of 2017. While at Camp, boys who are:
- Entering 2nd Grade will work on Wolf • Entering 3rd Grade will work on Bear
- Entering 4th Grade will work on Webelos • Entering 5th Grade will work on Arrow of Light
WHAT HAPPENS IF I CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT COMING TO CAMP?
CAMP FEES ARE TRANSFERABLE-BUT NOT REFUNDABLE.
Requests to transfer fees must be made in writing to: Day/Twilight Camp, PO Box 399, Jefferson, GA 30549. Youth asked to leave camp for disciplinary reasons will not receive a refund.
CAN I GET AN EXTRA T-SHIRT?
Extra t-shirts may be ordered with registration and are Youth Medium/Large - $8.00 each, Adult S-XL - $10.00 each, Adult XXL and XXXL $12.00 each. Please order at least two weeks prior to the start of your camp. Extra shirts may not be available during camp for purchase or exchange.
I’M JUST A PARENT - HOW CAN I HELP?
Camp is staffed entirely by parents and volunteers. WE Need YOU to be a part of the FUN! When you volunteer to be a chaperone, you will be asked to attend Staff Training. You can volunteer to help out by registering online and completing the Staff Registration by Clicking Here. The Camp Director will contact you with the details of camp. Volunteers who register at least two weeks prior to the start of camp, and help during the entire camp will receive a camp t-shirt. The Staff Training you receive is designed to provide the knowledge and skills you need to fulfill your duties as a chaperone.
Packs should send at least one adult chaperone for every five Cub Scouts who attend Camp.
If a staff member attends Camp Staff Training, helps out every day that Camp is held, and pays a registration fee for his/her son, he/she will receive a $25 Scout Shop gift certificate at the end of camp. Gift Certificates are good for merchandise at one of the Northeast Georgia Council Scout Shops, which are located in Lawrenceville and Jefferson. There is a limit of one gift certificate per boy and two per household.
IF I VOLUNTEER, WHAT DO I DO WITH MY NON-SCOUT AGE CHILDREN?
Camps have a special program (Tot-Lot) for the younger children of Staff volunteers. All children that stay in the Tot-Lot must be potty-trained. Some camps may require a small fee for Tot-Lot supplies. If a fee is required, it is due on the first day/evening of camp.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Complete the Health and Medical form #680-001 parts A and B. Bring it with you on the first day of camp along with a copy of your insurance card (both front and back).
I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS, HOW CAN I GET THEM ANSWERED?
Call the Council Service Center and/or check out the Northeast Georgia Council Website
Jefferson Service Center Lawrenceville Service Center
Phone: 706-693-2446 Phone: 770-962-2105
Fax: 706-693-4849 Fax: 770-962-8004
- If you wish to register for any of the Discovery Days Click Here