Wilderness First Aid
These popular courses fill up fast, so sign up today.
Pre-registration required for each class. Class size is limited to 30 people. Participants must be at least 14 years old.
Cost: $110.00 per person (includes books, printing, materials and meals)
Class will begin at 7:00 pm Friday and conclude at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday.
- Meals will be provided
- Bring camping gear
- No uniform required
- Camping will be in staff cabins or campsites
Topics To Be Covered:
- CPR & AED
- Types of Delayed-help Situations
- Emergency Action Steps
- Checking the scene, patient, and resources
- Contacting help
- Caring for the patient long term
- Patient assessment and Record Keeping
- Preventing Disease Transmission
- Prioritizing Care
- Carrying Out the Plan
- Deciding to Evacuate
- Treatment of injuries such as: Wounds, Head and Spinal Injuries, Extremity Injuries, Abdominal Injuries, Sudden Illnesses, Major Bites and Stings, Burns, Altitude Illnesses, Shock