Wilderness First Aid
These popular courses fill up fast, so sign up today.
Pre-registration required for each class. Class size is limited to 30 people. Participants must be at least 14 years old.
Cost: $110.00 per person (includes books, printing, materials and meals)
Class will begin at 7:00 pm Friday and conclude at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday.
- Meals will be provided
- Bring camping gear
- No uniform required
- Camping will be in staff cabins or campsites
Topics To Be Covered:
- CPR & AED (now required as a prerequisite for WFA)
- Types of Delayed-help Situations
- Emergency Action Steps
- Checking the scene, patient, and resources
- Contacting help
- Caring for the patient long term
- Patient assessment and Record Keeping
- Preventing Disease Transmission
- Prioritizing Care
- Carrying Out the Plan
- Deciding to Evacuate
- Treatment of injuries such as: Wounds, Head and Spinal Injuries, Extremity Injuries, Abdominal Injuries, Sudden Illnesses, Major Bites and Stings, Burns, Altitude Illnesses, Shock
November WFA 2018 November 02, 2018 to November 04
2019 March WFA March 15, 2019 to March 17Register Today