Apalachee My Eagle Board
OK you have completed all the requirements... Now what?
Once you have complete all of your Eagle Scout Rank Requirements 1-6, you are ready for your Eagle Scout Board of Review. Here in the Apalachee District, all Eagle Scout Board of Reviews are held and staffed by the Apalachee District Eagle Board as stipulated by the Northeast Georgia Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
The Eagle Scout Rank Application process can take as long as two weeks to complete. Eagle Boards are usually booked two weeks in advance. The Apalachee Eagle Board can not schedule your Eagle Scout Board of Review until the Chair has reviewed your application.
Letters of reference are to be in sealed envelopes, and should be directed (addressed) to your Scoutmaster. Reference letters must match the persons listed as references on your Eagle Scout Rank Application. All requirements must be completed before your 18th birthday - please read all Eagle Scout Requirements, the Eagle Scout Leadership Service Project Workbook, and the Eagle Scout Rank Application in close detail.
The Eagle Board can Handle 10-12 Eagle Boards each month, Consider finishing your Board of Review in time to add Eagle Scout to your college applications.
PLEASE NOTE: All Eagle Boards of Review are by appointment only. You will be contacted to schedule your appointment after your Eagle Application package has been turned into the one of the Service Centers (Scout Store), verified by staff at the Jefferson office, then returned to Lawrenceville.
Before your Eagle Board can be scheduled the following process must take place.
Items listed below are collected into an Eagle Application package presented in a minimum 1/4" three ring binder with pockets. Your name and Troop number should be clearly visible on the front. Please mark this book "ORIGINAL". Keep in mind that you will need to bring three additional, identical, copies of your Eagle Application package in three-ring binders, on the day of your Eagle Board of Review. These copies will naturally not have the signature from the Jefferson office.
1) Your typed Eagle Application http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/512-728_WB_fillable.pdf Please do not hand write. This is an important form. We must be able to read what it says. It is a fillable PDF. You may download a free copy of Adobe Reader. Your application needs to be completely filled out with all signatures. Requirements 1-6 must be completed prior to your 18th birthday. The signatures (applicant, unit leader, committee chair, and council) can be obtained after your 18th birthday. The Board of Review may be done up to 3 months after your 18th birthday without requesting an extension.
2) A statement of your ambitions and life purpose
3) A listing of positions held in your religious institution, school, camp, community, or other organizations, during which you demonstrated leadership skills. Include honors and awards received during this service.
4) Your original approved Eagle Project Proposal with original signatures and all supporting documentation used to get your project approved.
5) Your Eagle Project workbook. You must use the fillable Eagle Project workbook http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/BoyScouts/AdvancementandAwards/EagleWorkbookProcedures.aspx. All pages from the workbook must be completed with all blanks filled in. Only if you did not need a fundraising permit may these pages be blank This is a requirement. You may add any supplemental pages you need, but you must use the Eagle Project workbook.
6) Supporting documentation and pictures.
7) Your list of letters of recommendation. Your actual letters should have been returned to your Scoutmaster in sealed envelopes. On the day of your Eagle Board of Review these letter will be brought unopened by your Scoutmaster. They will then be added to your package. You may not read your letters of recommendation.
8) Then this completed Eagle Application package, minus the actual letters of recommendation, is taken to the Lawrenceville Service Center (Scout Store). They will send it up to the Jefferson office for review of your completed requirements/advancements. Once this review is completed it will be returned to Lawrenceville. Only then can your Eagle Board of Review be scheduled.
PLEASE NOTE: as of May 2015 the above process may be sped up by taking your package directly to Jefferson for review. HOWEVER, you are not allowed to wait for its review. All packages are left and will be returned to Lawrenceville by NE Ga Council staff. To repeat, you may drop at Jefferson but may not return it back to Lawrenceville.
Once Lawrenceville has received your package, again, signed off by the NE Ga. Council Service Center in Jefferson, you will be contacted to discuss and schedule your Eagle Board.
Please be sure that your Application has a phone number that you will answer or that a message can be left at. We must speak with you before scheduling your Eagle Board
Keep in mind that you will need to bring three additional, identical, copies of your Eagle Application package on the day of your Eagle Board of Review. These copies will naturally not have the signature from the Jefferson office.
Apalachee District Eagle Board Chair