Eagle Scout - Scholarships
2024 Clarice Bagwell Eagle Scout Scholarship
This year our Council will award five (5) $1,000 scholarships to Eagle Scouts who will graduate from high school in spring 2024 and plan to further their education in the fall of 2024.
The scholarship will be dispensed in the form of a check made payable to the recipient. The funds are restricted to educational expenses only (for example, tuition, books, clothes, travel expenses, food).
To be eligible, the Eagle Scout must meet these requirements:
1. The scout must be a high school senior this year (2023-2024)
2. The scout must have already earned the Eagle Scout rank in the Northeast Georgia Council (may have earned the rank at any time up to the graduating year).
3. The scout must commit to attending college or another post-secondary school in the Fall of 2024.
The scholarships will be awarded at the Eagle Banquet, which will be held in Spring 2024. If you are awarded one of the scholarships, you will be notified in advance, so you may make plans to attend. Applications must be turned in to the Jefferson Service Center by March 4, 2024, to be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact Candy Lee at (706) 693-2446 or Email
Mail application to:
Clarice Bagwell Eagle Scout Scholarship Fund
Northeast Georgia Council, BSA
P. O. Box 399
Jefferson, GA 30549
2024 Tom and Margaret Strickland Eagle Scout Scholarship
The Tom and Margaret Strickland Eagle Scout Scholarship is available for all Eagle Scouts who completed the Eagle Rank in the Northeast Georgia Council. One $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded yearly to the Eagle Scout with a lasting legacy on their Eagle service project. Applicants must also be either graduating high school seniors or currently enrolled college or trade school students with plans to further their education in the fall of 2024.
Please be sure to use the application form when applying. To ensure that your application is reviewed and processed as quickly and accurately as possible, please read and follow these procedures and requirements as written.
The Eagle Scout applying for a scholarship must:
1. Complete the application personally.
2. Enclose only the items requested in the requirements (no biographies, resumes, or other documents)
3. Answer all questions on the application.
4. Mail completed applications and Reference letters to:
Tom and Margaret Strickland Eagle Scout Scholarship Committee
Northeast Georgia Council, BSA
P.O. Box 399 Jefferson, GA 30549.
5. Only those applications submitted by March 4, 2024 will be considered.
6. Applications become the property of the selection committee and will not be returned to the applicant.
Minimum Scouting and Education Requirements all applicants must meet:
1. Submit applications that are postmarked no later than midnight on March 4, 2024.
a. Scholarship will be awarded at the Northeast Georgia Council Eagle Banquet in Spring 2024.
2. Be a graduating high school senior who will be attending college/trade school or a currently enrolled college student with at least one more semester of study.
(Eagle Scouts who are participating in mission work or military service beginning immediately after high school graduation may apply after the completion of service.)