Scoutland has re-opened. We do have new guildlines in place for Units to follow while camping at one of our camp properties due to COVID-19 and focusing on the health and safety of our Scouts and Adults. To find out more information please go to https://www.nega-bsa.org/COVID-19
Scoutland, is a 140 acre facility on Lake Lanier, it's operated and maintained by the Council. Scoutland is one of the premier georgia camp for cub scouts. Each year Scoutland host Patherfinders, Adventure Camp, and Aquatics weekends along with Council and District events such as Fun With Son and NYLT. Scoutland is available for unit campouts from August though May.
What you need to know about Scoutland:
- Near Gainesville, Georgia on beautiful Lake Lanier
- 12 campsites with tent platforms
- Shower House with Bathrooms
- A specially designed BB gun range
- Three program shelters
- Custom docks for swimming and boating
- Lake shoreline and a varity of vessels; including canoes, kayaks, rowboats, and paddleboards
- Cleveland Hall, the air-conditioned dining facility for council/district events
- Fort Adventure the Cub Scout Activity Playground
- Council Rock hosts numerous campfires and ceremonies thoughtout the year
Questions concerning camp facilities or availability should be directed to the Camping Department.
For a Map of Scoutland with the Campsites click here
Don't forget to check the Guide to Safe Scouting age-appropriate guidelines for scouting activities when planning a weekend camp out to make sure you keep your Scouts safe while having a fun time at Scoutland!