Scoutland Cub Summer Family Camping Weekends
This year we are offering Two Fantastic Cub Summer Camp Weekends!!
Weekend #1 June 30 - July 2, 2023
|Early||$30 per Family||before June 16, 2023|
|Regular||$35 per Family||June 17 - 29, 2023|
|Onsite||$45 per Family||June 30, 2023|
Weekend #2 July 14 - 16, 2023
|Early||$30 per Family||before July 7, 2023|
|Regular||$35 per Family||July 8 - 13, 2023|
|Onsite||$45 per Family||July 14, 2023|
Check-In is from 5:30 - 10:00pm on Fridays. Check-out is 10:30am on Sunday
A Council-organized camping weekend for the entire family! Enjoy an adventurous program while enjoying the Scout camp experience at Scoutland a beatiful camp located on Lake Lanier, near Gainesville GA. Cub Scouts who will be entering the 1st grade through 5th grades in the fall of 2023 are welcomed to attend with their famililes!
- Flag raising Saturday @ 8:45 am
- BB Guns
- Saturday Night Campfire
- Skits, songs and much more!
- Summer tents will not be up. Please bring your Tents.
- Campsite assignments, and activity location list will be distributed at check-in.
- Patches and schedules for overnight camps will be distributed at the Parents/Leaders meeting. This meeting is usually held on the first night of camp.
- A Trading Post and Snack Shack is available to accommodate your souvenir and sweet tooth needs.
- A staff member will inspect your campsite before you leave.
- Vechiles will be allowed to drive to your assigned campsite to unload your grear on Friday only. Then all vechiles and trailers must be parked in a designted location. Vechiles will remain in the camp parking lot till depaturer on Sunday.
- Gates locked all day Saturday and will only be unlocked after the campfire Saturday night.
- No pets are allowed on camp property.
- Scouts and leaders should wear the official Scout uniform when traveling to and from camp, at flag lowering, dinner, and all-camp campfires.
- Scouts may wear an activity uniform (shorts and T-shirt) during the day.
- Food is not provided for this event.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO CAMP?
Toiletries, towels, clothing for 3 days and 2 nights, extra shoes and socks, poncho/rain gear, swimsuit, sunscreen,insect repellent, water bottle, flashlight, sleeping gear, spending money ($30 recommended), Scout uniform, trash bags, hat and completed Health and Medical Form #680-001 Parts A and B.
RAIN OR SHINE
Scoutland Cub Summer Family Camping will be conducted rain or shine. Registration fee is transferable, but not refundable. All requests for transfers must be made in writing to Scoutland Cub Summer Family Camping Director, PO Box 399, Jefferson, GA 30549.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The camp maintains a full-time health facility. Please attach any special physical or medical needs to the participant’s registration form. Any required medication must be checked in with the Health Office upon arrival to camp. All medications must be in the original container, marked clearly with the patient’s name and dosage and be noted on the health form.
Everyone attending camp, both youth participants & adult leaders or parents, must bring to camp a completed Health and Medical Form #680-001 Parts A and B that can be found on the council website and in each of the Council Service Centers. Health forms will be collected at check-in on the first day of camp. This form does not have to be completed by a physician. These forms will not be returned to you so please do not submit originals. PEASE DO NOT MAIL HEALTH FORMS.