September 14-16 at Scoutland and September 28-30 at Camp Rainey Mountain
The Powder Horn course is designed to expose older youth and adult leaders in BSA in how to safely conduct outdoor/high adventure activities of a fun and challenging nature. It provides an introduction to the resources needed to successfully lead their crews and troops through a program of outdoor adventure. The course is based upon giving participants an exposure to some outdoor/high adventure activities and is not a certification event. It is for any youth or adult interested in experiencing a unit-level high adventure program.
The purpose of a Powder Horn course includes:
- Safe participation in fun and challenging outdoor activities
- Introduction to resources to improve unit programs
- Exposure to new and exciting high adventure activities
- Help deliver the promise at the unit level
- Promoting youth and adults creativity when delivering high adventure programs