2021 National Jamboree has been POSTPONED. The new year and date for the next National Jamboree is still to be determined. We will post the new date and year as soon as it becomes available.
National Jamboree is Scouting's flagship event. It is a one-of-a-kind gathering of approximately 40,000 Scouts, leaders, and staff that showcases everything that is great about the BSA and its members. Held every four years, the Jamboree is an amazing opportunity for participants, volunteers, and visitors to experience the best of Scouting, all in one place. Features include one of the longest zip line courses in North America, a world-class skate park, ATV offerings, treetop canopy tours, rock climbing, patch trading, stadium shows, and much more! It is held at the Summit Bechtel Reserve on over 40,000 acres in the New River Gorge, the permanent home of the National Scout Jamboree and BSA's fourth High Adventure base. The next National Jamboree is TBD.
National Scout Jamboree Troop Leader Requirements
NOTICE: Jamboree leadership requires a serious financial and time commitment. Please review the requirements prior to submitting your application. Applications will not be accepted for leaders who cannot commit to the entire Jamboree and pre-Jamboree activities.
To qualify as a National Jamboree Troop Leader, applicants are required to:
- Has served as a troop leader (Scoutmaster, Assistant Scoutmaster, or equivalent leader with direct youth contact) for at least one year during the three-year period 2016 to 2019.
- Complete Scoutmaster Leader Specific Training appropriate to your registered position.
- Complete Youth Protection Training within the 12 months prior the jamboree.
- Complete Northeast Georgia Council Jamboree Leader Training
- Commit to recruit and retain a full 36-member Jamboree Troop
- Promote the Jamboree experience before and after the 2021 National Scout Jamboree
- Encourage prospective troop junior leaders to attend National Youth Leadership Training.
- Work with the parents of the youth in the Troop before and during the Jamboree.
- Attend Council Jamboree Committee meetings.
- Commit to attend the entire Jamboree.
- Commit to hold Jamboree Troop meetings on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Commit to hold two overnight Troop campouts during the 24-month period before the Jamboree.
- Commit to apprentice with an experienced Jamboree leader.
- Be able to serve as a role model of physical fitness.
- File an Annual Health and Medical Record (parts A, B, C) form with the council no more than 12 months prior to the Jamboree. (see http://www.scouting.org for the latest form)
- File the Intent to Serve as a Jamboree Troop Leader application at the council service center.
- Be financially capable to participate in the Jamboree and pre-Jamboree activities.
- Be approved and invited to serve by the Northeast Georgia Council Jamboree Committee.
- Be approved by the Northeast Georgia Council Scout Executive.
The Northeast Georgia Council will take a contingent of 3 Troops (36 Youth and 4 Adult Leaders) in each Troop. Space is Limited! These Troops are comprised of Individual Scouts from around our council. We will also take a contingent of Ventures!
Scouting or Venturing Participant Qualifications:
Scouts must have a current BSA membership with a Scouts BSA Troop or Varsity Scout team.
- Must be at lease First Class Scout.
- Must be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade(he could be a Webelo now), but has not reached their 18th birthday bay the last day of the Jamboree.
Crew Members must have a current BSA membership with a Venturing Crew.
- Must have graduated the 8th grade or be at least 14 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree, but have not reached their 21st birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the Unit Leader and Local Council
- Participate in a pre-jamboree training experience.
- Have filed a Jamboree Personal Health and Medical Record with the Council Jamboree Committee before the Pre-Jamboree Training.
- Submit all registration fees per the local councils payment schedule.
Financial Details: Reserve your place now with a $175 application deposit (refundable only for wait-listed Scouts and Venturers). The total Estimated cost for youth participants will be $1,775.00 (8 payments of $200). The fee includes all meals and transportation to and from the Jamboree. The fee also includes special patches, patrol & Troop/Crew equipment.
National website https://jamboree.scouting.org/