Fun With Son Scoutland
Fun With Son
A Special One-on-One Weekend experience of a Lifetime for any Cub Scout and his parent at one of our beautiful camps
June 23-24 at Scoutland
Directions to Scoutland.
COST • $22 per person is the fee to attend Fun With Son if paid on or before May 3, 2018 – SAVE by paying the early fee for Fun With Son.
- $27 per person is the fee to attend if paid after May 3, 2018, but before the first day of the camp
- $37 per person is the fee to attend if you wait until you get to Camp to register
WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDE?
Hot dinner Saturday evening and breakfast Sunday morning will be served in the air-conditioned camp dining hall! You get to keep the leatherwork projects you make during craft time as well as a Scout and Parent collector’s participation patch. Both Scout and parent will receive a special camp T-shirt provided you register on or before May 3. Register online at www.nega-bsa.org
DON’T FORGET… EAT LUNCH BEFORE YOU ARRIVE ON SATURDAY.
ACTIVITIES You can hike, fish, learn to shoot bb guns, do leatherwork, swim, canoe, shoot bows and arrows, and explore nature.
SATURDAY NIGHT You will camp in a tent that is provided, or an Adirondack shelter (three sided building with a roof and a floor) that has cots.
CHECK-IN/ARRIVAL You should arrive at Camp between 11 a.m. – 12 Noon on Saturday. Activities start at 12:45 p.m. on Saturday after you check-in and the fun is not over until 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning!
IMPORTANT! Space is limited, so be sure you get registered for your weekend(s) early. Get signed up because it’s first come, first served! This camp is very popular and will fill quickly!
Some Helpful Hints
- PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK IN ON TIME – Summer Camp will be taking place and Boy Scout Troops will be leaving Camp Saturday. Do not plan on arriving before 11 a.m. because you may get caught in the traffic of Troops leaving camp. You will be able to go to your campsite after check-in begins.
- CAMPFIRE SONGS & SKITS – Cub Scouts and parents are welcome to perform a short skit, tell a story, or sing a song at the campfire. Please let us know at check-in!
- BE PREPARED…TO HIKE! – All participants will need to carry their own gear from the parking lot to their campsite (up to 1/2 mile). Wagons will be available to assist you in transporting your gear. No vehicles are allowed beyond the parking lot.
- FUN WITH SON WILL GO ON RAIN OR SHINE – Bring your raingear.
- REGISTRATION FEE IS TRANSFERABLE, BUT NOT REFUNDABLE – All requests for transfers should be made in writing to: Fun with Son, PO Box 399, Jefferson, GA
- DON’T FORGET TO BRING – Your uniform, t-shirt, extra shorts, sneakers, hat, sleeping gear, pillow, personal gear, rain gear, flashlight, water bottle, swimsuit, towels, fishing gear, insect repellent, money for the Trading Post,
Bring your Medical Form Part A & B when you attend Fun with Son
- BSA SWIM TEST – ALL YOUTH AND ADULTS WILL BE REQUIRED to pass the BSA swim test if you plan to swim or canoe while at camp. The swim test will be conducted on Saturday after check in. The requirements to pass the BSA swim test can be found at www. scouting.org in the Aquatics Chapter of the Guide to Safe Scouting – Click Here
- SIBLINGS – THERE ARE NO PROVISIONS FOR SIBLINGS AT FUN WITH SON. This weekend is designed for the parent and son to spend quality time together in the It is not a Family Weekend. There are no activities available for brothers or sisters.
- PETS – for everyone’s safety and comfort, pets are prohibited at camp.
- DIETARY RESTRICTIONS – The camp has limited ability to accommodate special dietary needs or special requests. Please be prepared with extra food if you have special needs that cannot be fulfilled.
- THE TRADING POST – (camp store) will be open SATURDAY ONLY. It is fully stocked with craft items, t-shirts, hats, patches, batteries, snacks, Trading Post Hours are Saturday from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and from 7:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
- RESTROOMS AND SHOWERS – are available throughout the camp. There are separate facilities for boys, men, and women.
Fun With Son SCHEDULE
|11:00 a.m. – noon||Check-in|
|12:45 p.m.||Opening ceremonies|
|1:00 – 6:00 p.m.||ACTIVITIES|
|6:30 – 7:30 p.m.||Dinner|
|7:30 – 8:45 p.m.||Free Time|
|9:00 – 10:00 p.m.||Campfire|
|10:00 – 11:00 p.m.||Free Time|
|9:00 a.m.||Scouts’ Own Service (CHAPEL)|
|10:00 – 11:00 a.m.||Breakdown camp and depart|
- All Fun with Son participants must check out of camp by 11:00 a.m. on Sunday.
For More Information Contact:
Jefferson Service Center at 706-693-2446 or Lawrenceville Service Center at 770-962-2105