DRAFT Etowah Fall Advance-a-Rama
A great day for ALL Scouts, BSA Youth to come work on a merit badge!
Registration for our Fall session will begin on August 26, 2022!
7:30 AM Check-In begins
8:30 AM - Opening Ceremony
8:45 AM - Merit Badge Classes Start
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Merit Badge Classes Resume
2:30 PM Merit Badge Classes Complete
Early Bird by 9/15/22 - $10
Regular by 9/22/22 - $15
On-Site - $20
OPTIONAL, Lunch $10
Den Chief Training (Adult) - $15
Life to Eagle Training (Adult) - Free
Scoutmaster/ASM Training (Adult) - Free
SPACE is LIMITED!
Merit Badge classes offered:
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in Society
- Citizenship in the World
- Personal Management
- Public Speaking
**Note: Some merit badges may not be completed within the class. This is due to individual activities required to be performed on their own, at home, or with their unit. The Scoutmaster is aware of the tasks to be completed and it is expected that the scout youth works directly with those in their unit to complete any outstanding merit badge requirements.
What Parents need to know:
- Every Scout will need to bring their Blue Card. All Blue Cards MUST be signed by the Troop Scoutmaster in advance of Advance-A-Rama.
- Completed prerequisites can be brought to the event to share with the Merit Badge Counselor. Review the Merit Badge requirements https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/merit-badges/
- Prerequisites not completed in advance of Advance-A-Rama can be completed with another Merit Badge Counselor. Scouts will need to provide the Blue Card to the new MeritBadge Counselor.
- Per BSA Youth Protection rules, electronic communication concerning Blue Cards and completed requirements must be completed by the Scout; however, parents must be copied on the communication.
- Scouts can bring their lunch or order a Chick-fil-A boxed lunch at check-in. The cost is $10. Scouts can choose Chicken Nuggets or a Chicken Sandwich.
- Scout will need to wear Class A Uniforms
- Bring pencil/pen/paper/supplies for notes
- Have an open mind and learn from the instructor and their scout peers
Please click here to register for the event.
|2022 Etowah AAR flyer||Download|